Holy Apostles College and Seminary Graduate Professional Certificate in Catholic Pastoral Counseling for Mental Health Professionals is for Catholics who is also either a professional psychologist, clinical social worker, counselor, marriage and family therapist or other state-licensed mental health professional, the Holy Apostles Graduate Professional Certificate in Catholic Pastoral Counseling can help you meet this growing, unmet need for Catholic-integrated mental health services.
The Graduate Professional Certificate in Catholic Pastoral Counseling for Mental Health Professionals is an 18 credit, fully online, professional certificate program that will enable you to:
- Confidently evaluate the spiritual dimensions of emotional, behavioral, and relational problems.
- Diagnose spiritual disorders and develop interventions that foster healthy spiritual and faith
- Develop effective, empirically-valid, faith-based interventions for emotional, behavioral, and relational problems.
- Employ Catholic-integrated mental health interventions in an ethical, systematic, and professional manner.
- Identify as a Certified Catholic Pastoral Counselor (CCPC).
- Enter the MA in Pastoral Studies/Pastoral Counseling with advanced standing.
Course of Study
- PAS 683 Pastoral Counseling I: Spiritual Helping and Accompaniment
- PAS 684 Pastoral Counseling II: Pastoral Diagnosis and Intervention
- PAS 791 Morals and Psychology
- PAS 785 Pastoral Issues with Human Sexuality
- PAS 720 Nurturing the Domestic Church: Facilitating Authentic Marriage & Family Spirituality
- PAS 621 Pastoral Care of Marriage and the Family
Additional Admission Requirements
- An applicant must possess at least a master’s degree in a mental health field.
- An applicant must possess at least an entry-level license to practice in a mental health field.
- An applicant must be a Catholic in good standing as determined by a letter of recommendation fromhis or her pastor or a Catholic priest.