The Admissions Office serves prospective students who are applying to the following programs:
- Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Graduate and Post-Master’s Certificate Programs
- Personal Interest (Undergraduate and Graduate levels) Programs
- High School/Homeschool Programs
- Take Credit! Program
- Angelicum Academy – Holy Apostles Partnership Program
Applicants who belong to a diocese or a religious order and are applying for an online degree program or personal interest program at Holy Apostles should also apply through the Admissions Office.
A. Application Process
Applicants must complete the admissions process online (www.holyapostles.edu/admissions) and provide all required admissions materials. In general, these include:
- Complete Online Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Undergraduate applicants must submit all official transcripts (high school and college, if applicable) and standardized testing scores
- Graduate applicants must submit their official undergraduate transcript and official transcripts for any graduate or post-graduate work.
- A 500-word Personal Essay
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- From a Priest or Religious
- From an Academic, a Mentor, or Supervisor
- $50 Application Fee
Commuter Applicants must also:
- Schedule a visit to campus and a personal interview with the Director of Admissions
- Submit an updated Immunization Form
If English is not an applicant’s first language, one of the following must be submitted to confirm an applicant’s command of English. Recommended scores are included below.
- A certificate or diploma confirming the completion of a secondary school where the classes were delivered in English
- A diploma confirming the completion of English Studies
- A document confirming graduation from a higher educational institution where English was the language of instruction
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma delivered in English
- SAT score of 510+ on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- ACT score of 24+ on the English, Reading, and Composite
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) with a score of 79+
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic with a score of 58+
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 6.5.
Undergraduate Admissions Recommended GPA and Testing Scores:
- GPA: 2.5+ (on a 4.0 grading scale) and
- SAT: 1100+ Combined Total (out of 1600) or
- ACT: 22+ Combined Average (out of 36) or
- CLT: 73+ (out of 120)
Graduate Admissions Recommended GPA:
- GPA: 3.0+ (on a 4.0 grading scale)
B. Recommended Admissions Deadlines
Holy Apostles College & Seminary offers rolling Admissions and recommends the following deadlines:
- For the Fall Semester, before the end of July;
- For the Spring Semester, before the end of November;
- For the Summer Semester, before the end of March.
C. Other Admissions Policies
Deliberately omitting information or providing false information to Holy Apostles College & Seminary can result in the refusal of admission to, or the dismissal from, Holy Apostles College & Seminary.
Accepted applicants must enroll in their undergraduate or graduate programs within one calendar year from the date of their acceptance letter.
If an accepted applicant is unable to enroll within one calendar year, the applicant must contact the Admissions Office to defer enrollment and request an extension. If this procedure is not followed, the applicant’s acceptance will be withdrawn and the applicant must reapply for admission to Holy Apostles College & Seminary.
Students seeking to transfer credits into one of Holy Apostles College and Seminary’s degree programs should follow the same admissions procedures as explained above.
D. High School/Homeschool Programs
Admissions policy for Take Credit! program: The Take Credit! student must demonstrate eligibility for the honors Take Credit! program by having a min GPA of 2.5 on his/her high school transcript. The high school transcript must be re-sent each academic year to stay in the program.
Take Credit! and Angelicum Academy High School students have not graduated from high school and they are merely being allowed to take one or more college courses – for college credit – during their junior and/or senior year in high school.
Academic concerns about Take Credit! and Angelicum Take Credit! students should be communicated to the Take Credit! and Angelicum Liaison, who will notify the student’s Primary High School Advisor for appropriate action.
The Take Credit! student and his/her Primary High School Advisor is notified by the Take Credit! and Angelicum Liaison. The responsibility to academically assist the Take Credit! students is the responsibility of the Primary High School Advisor.
Take Credit! students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 at Holy Apostles. Take Credit! students who do not maintain the minimum GPA of 2.0 after one semester will be academically dismissed. The Take Credit! student will not be allowed to enroll in future semesters at Holy Apostles.
A dismissal letter will be sent from the Take Credit! and Angelicum Liaison to the student and his/her Primary High School Advisor.
E. Admissions Contact Information
Please contact the Admissions Office below:
Email: [email protected]
Holy Apostles College & Seminary
ATTN: Admissions Office
33 Prospect Hill Road
Cromwell, CT 06416