Holy Apostles College and Seminary supports its students who are on active duty or members of a military reserve unit or the National Guard and are called into active military service by the United States. To assist them as well as protect and safeguard their status as students, Holy Apostles College and Seminary has adopted the following guidelines:
Leave of Absence from Holy Apostles College and Seminary:
- A student in good standing should immediately file a request for a leave of absence with the academic dean along with a copy of the military orders.
- If granted, the leave of absence generally will be granted for one year. The academic dean is, however, encouraged to grant any request to extend the leave of absence should military service require more than one year. To facilitate the return process, the appropriate Academic Dean’s Office will notify the Registrar or Director of Online Learning, so the student’s record will be flagged as a leave of absence for military service.
- The student will receive a full refund of tuition and fees paid to Holy Apostles if the request for a leave of absence/withdrawal for military service is filed prior to the last day to drop classes.
- The student will have a choice of three options if the request for a leave of absence/withdrawal is received after the last day to drop classes:
- A full refund of tuition and fees, no credit awarded for work completed during the semester
- An Incomplete grade in all courses with the right to complete all coursework at a future date without further payment of tuition or fees and a designation that the incomplete was incurred due to active military service.
- A grade in each course, if the professor of each class believes sufficient work has been completed.
Options b and c may be combined should circumstances warrant.
All applicable financial aid awards will be refunded to the appropriate agencies, and repayments of federal student loans will be calculated in accordance with federal guidelines.
While Holy Apostles College and Seminary will make every effort to accommodate students returning from active duty, placement in certain programs cannot be guaranteed.
Students will be required to return university property, such as keys, computer equipment, and library books in order to receive a refund or re-enroll.
Re-enrollment for Military students:
- A student shall be guaranteed a place in a class at the beginning of the semester in which they seek to re-enroll.
- If a student elected to take an incomplete in a course, the student upon re-enrollment should complete the courses within the first six weeks. If the course is no longer offered or if the faculty member is no longer with Holy Apostles, the returning student will receive a full tuition credit for a replacement course.
A policy cannot address every circumstance that may arise when students are called to active duty. A student should consult with the appropriate Academic Dean. Appeals of a decision by one of the Academic Deans may be made to the President/Rector.